Printing and Writing Competency INTAKE
A comprehensive and quantitative assessment of all components and manifestations of the writing process. Scores are calculated for individual letter size, space and copying skills. Likert Scales measure Degree of Independence on tasks from ‘Dritings’ (earliest prewriting/ drawings), Unedited rough drafts, dictated spelling sentences, copied, sentences, dictated grade-level sentences, and self-generated paragraphs. Letters per minute and words per minute are tabulated for the last three. Workstation and work paper organization are scored in a 4-point rubric, considering indentation, left and right margin use, organization of the written page, erasures, space planning, desktop set-up and desk contents. Notations for available accommodations, self-advocacy, peer comparisons, physical/gestural/visual or verbal supports and more are also solicited.
The Printing and Writing Competency Intake is a 4-page full color booklet. The Printing and Writing Competency Intake Instruction Manual included annotated graphics with step-by-step directions. If… Then… Scenarios provide guidance on treatment options for all findings.
Quick to Administer. Easy to score.
- Quantifies printing and writing for easy goal writing, progress monitoring and re-evaluations
- Simple percentages and ratios for letter sizes
- Rubric narratives provide fast and meaningful information on classroom participation, workstation and work paper organization
- Likert Scales rate degree of independence and competence in real life classroom writing samples, like spelling tests, rough drafts, self-generated sentences, copied sentences, dictated grade-level sentences and more
- Full color booklet is visually appealing and easy to follow
- Full Intake set includes:
- Printing and Writing Competency Intake test booklet (Pack of 25)
- Printing and Writing Competency Intake Instruction Manual
- Copying Prompt Book